Friday, September 7, 2012

Right Where I Belong by Krista McGee (ARC)

When I first read (First Date), I didn't know what I was getting into. I started getting an inkling at Starring Me, and now, I can safely say that Krista McGee is one of my favourite authors! I started Right Where I Belong one night and simply couldn't put it down!

Right Where I Belong loosely follows the story of Ruth. Natalia, our protagonist, has decided to follow her ex-stepmother Maureen to America to comfort her about her divorce from her father. Because of the many failed relationships she has seen, Natalia has firmly decided to remain single. But what will she do when she meets Brian, the pastor's son and sparks fly?

Personally, this book was a wake-up call to me. I've been praying about this subject recently, and I was wondering if I was supposed to be single. Like how my friend and I were complaining to each other - it's so hard to wait! But reading this book, it showed me that God has his own plan and timing for everything in my life, even the parts that I'm impatient about.

As for characters, they were fabulous! First, there's Natalia. She's a rich girl from Spain, but so humble. Natalia struggles with her feelings, something I can completely understand. Vying for her attention is Brian, the pastor's son who isn't so popular and the popular Spencer, who really seems like a jerk. But both boys don't stay the same, they grow and well, the book really focuses more on their growth than this "love triangle" (the fact that Natalia turns them down for most of the book means there's none of this angst that's been appearing in YA books).

Plus, and this was a big bonus for me: Addy's here! And Kara and Lexi. I was silently screaming in my room (it was close to midnight and it's not a good idea to anger the tutors) when I realised that this book was set in the same fictional universe as First Date and Starring Me. While Kara doesn't play a significant role (she's a star after all), Addy and Lexi play fairly significant parts in the story. It was really nice to see those familiar faces again.

If you loved any of Krista McGees books, you have to read this one too! And if you haven't read her books, you should give it a go.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

2 comments :

  1. This is my first time to see this book. I shall put this on my reading list. I love your reviews. I like your opinions and humor. Hopping that you will include a review system next time (eg. 2 stars, 5 stars etc).

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not sure how to implement a review system, but I'll definitely consider doing so!

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^