Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Pyramids by Terry Pratchett

Amazingly, I found a Terry Pratchett Discworld book at BookOff! And naturally, I had to buy it. So, this week's teaser comes from Pyramids by Terry Pratchett:

"The late king had had many fine attributes, but doing mighty deeds wasn't among them. The score was: Number of enemies ground as dust under his chariot wheels = 0. Number of thrones crushed beneath his sandaled feet = 0. Number of times world bestrode like colossus = 0. On the other hand: Reigns of terror = 0. Faces of poor ground = 0. Expensive crusades embarked upon - 0. His life had, basically, been a no-score win." (page 150)

I know it's more than two sentences, but once I started, I couldn't stop!

Remember, Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Now, what are your teasers for this week?

1 comment :

  1. Haha!! Great teaser. The Late King wasn't very successful! Hope the new one is better!

    You can check out My TT here-
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^