Saturday, March 24, 2012

The God Box by Mary Lou Quinlan

Ever feel like you have a problem so huge you don't know what to do? Well, give it up to God. To be specific, put in in your "God Box". The whole aim of this rather short book (around 120 pages in ebook format) is to explain about the God Box.

The God Box is simply the box that the author's mother uses to place her prayers for people in it. It sounds like a simple concept, but by exploring her mother's God Box, the author discovers how the box helps her to express things like Faith, Love, Compassion, etc.

How the God Box works is that you have a simple box (or any box you like), and you place your prayers in it. In this way, it's an action to show that you're not going to worry about it anymore and you're giving it up to God.

I don't actually know what else to say about this book. The concept of the God Box is used to draw out the relationship between the mom and everyone else (but especially the mother and the daughter). It really is a very sweet book.

Disclaimer: I got this book from NetGalley in return for a free and honest review.

4 comments :

  1. Ah, I am going to read this one soon. Glad to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eustacia,
    Thanks so much for reviewing "The God Box",my book about my mom. It really is a simple story of love and faith and I appreciate your kind words. My best, Mary Lou Quinlan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting on my review(:

      ^_^

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^