Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo

I managed to go to the library on Saturday, so I have a stack of new books to read! Today, I started the fifth and last book - The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo. I've been meaning to read more fiction set in/inspired by Asia, and this was quite highly recommended. It's inspired by the custom of ghost marriages, and it's set in Melaka!

My teaser:
" "Yes," said the ghost as she folded herself on one of the dining chairs. Unlike myself, she had far less mass, for her sleeves trailed through the wood of the chair, and she was so light that a puff of air would have dislodged her from her perch" (Page 115)
What about you? What are you reading this week?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

5 comments :

  1. Good teaser. I'm curious about the whole ghost bride thing. My Teaser this week is from an urban fantasy title - Unraveled by Jennifer Estep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you end up enjoying this one. I loved it personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great description of the ghost. I'm intrigued.
    My Tuesday post features LATE FALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm curious. This is definitely not the norm and always looking for something new.

    My TT from Bayou Shadow Hunter

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^