Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Code of Love by Andro Linklater

Hey everyone! I hope you've had a good start to your week! I'm in the middle of exams, but I managed to make a quick stop to watch some fireworks after my exam yesterday.


Right now, I'm reading The Code of Love, but I'm reading it very slowly. It's basically when I'm between study breaks, which isn't very much. It's pretty interesting so far though. My teaser:
"In the next three months, the rest of Britain's Pacific possessions, from Malaya to Borneo and New Guinea along with a string of island colonies, all surrendered, including most shatteringly, on February 15, 1942, Singapore, the rock on which the whole defense of the Far East rested, together with a garrison of 120000 men.  
At first it was impossible for Pamela to separate her own bitter anxiety from the mood of recrimination and doubt that settled on the country." 
It's kind of interesting reading this book, because we've studied this in history class.

What are you reading this week?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments :

  1. Now and then I enjoy historical reads. Always learn something new.

    My TT from Mummy's Little Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting.

    Mine is from a YA book about a girl in therapy for an eating disorder: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Ja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting but the title doesn't seem to relate to the contents. My teaser this week is from The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan - a mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think it makes the book more interesting when it can relate to your current events. Enjoy!
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a really fascinating read - I hope you're finding it suitable relaxation from your exams. This is my TT this week -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/teaser-tuesday-2nd-august-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your exams, Eustacia!

    Your teaser conveys quite a lot in just a couple sentences. It sounds really interesting. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an interesting book, and I hope you enjoy it!


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fascinating. I think both my husband and I would enjoy it, and that's unusual.
    My Tuesday post features BLUEBONNET SPRING

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^