Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Peak by Anders Ericsson

Hey everyone! Hope you had a good start to the week. I just realised that half my vacation back home is over, so I'm like "OH NO" (I have to go back to reality soon). But on the bright side, I'm meeting loads of friends this week, and I just got a new stack of books, so yay for that!

Right now, I'm reading Peak by Anders Ericsson. It's on how people become experts at what they do. I first heard it on the Freakonomics podcast and thought it sounded interesting - so when I came back, I borrowed a copy from the library.

My teaser:
"The deliberate-practice mindset offers a very different view: anyone can improve, but it requires the right approach. If you are not improving, it's not because you lack innate talent; it's because you're not practicing the right way."
The teaser may sound dry, but the book is really readable, and I'm really enjoying it.

What about you? What are you reading?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like this book would be beneficial, especially if it's written in an easy-to-read way. I'd like to know more about practicing the right way.
    My Tuesday post features BROKEN PIECES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying your vacation. Peak sounds like an interesting read. Just from your teaser I'm thinking about my own career/job . . . I imagine I could get something out of a book like that.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^