Wednesday, August 31, 2016

How to Speak Emoji by Fred Benenson

I found this in the humour section of NetGalley but... I didn't find it very funny. The book had a very engaging title, but it totally didn't live up to my expectations.

Then again, I'm not sure what my expectations were for this book. I only know that I wanted to laugh.

So this is basically the kind of book you'd get if you plan to spam your whatsapp/chat groups with one of those "guess the meaning" emoji games. At least, that's what I think. Because after a short 'dictionary', where the most common emoji are explained, the book basically gives you the emoji equivalent for famous quotes, ways to flirt, and a few various other categories.

I guess that might be funny, but it just didn't speak to me.

It wasn't a total waste because I did get a few ideas I could use the next time I want to challenge my brother to an emoji-guessing game, but it wasn't the book that I was hoping for.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^