Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - Beating the Devil's Game by Katherine Ramsland

Hey!! I hope everyone has a good start to their week! I've been down with a cough for a while, but it's finally starting to get better! (Which is really good because a friend of mine came yesterday, and I'll be showing her around town).

On the reading side, I'm slowing making my way through "Beating the Devil's Game" by Katherine Ramsland. It's a history of forensic science, and I find it extremely interesting.

My teaser:

"Then on October 12, 1923, the number 13 train was blown up inside a tunnel in Siskiyou, Oregon, and four men were killed. Daniel O'Connell, chief of the Southern Pacific police, arrived to investigate" (page 224)

The book features a lot of cases, which is probably why it's so easy to read.

What about you? How's your week going, and what are you reading?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments :

  1. Interesting. This would be a valuable asset for anyone writing murder mysteries, especially those set in the past. The subject is fascinating.
    My Tuesday post features THE UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fascinating. I wish I'd had as much of an interest in forensics when I was college age as I do now.

    MY TT from The Lobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would find this one interesting too. Anything forensic captures my interest.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^