Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Today's Teaser Tuesday is a re-read! Although it's the first time I actually owned a copy of this amazing book(: I'm about half-way through it, although I'm not sure when I'll finish because I have the attention span of a gnat nowadays (plus, I'm reading a few books at one go despite having less reading time). So, today's Teaser:


"What happens here that you aren't going to read is the six-page soliloquy from Inigo in which Morgenstern, through Inigo, reflects on the anguish of fleeting glory. The reason for the soliloquy here is that Morgenstern's previous book had gotten bombed by the critics and also hadn't sold beans." (page 223)


Don't you just love author asides?

Ok, so Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Drop a comment and I'll be glad to check out your teaser(:

6 comments :

  1. Yes, I do like it when the author speaks directly to their audience, it can be a very engaging technique if done well - less is more. E M Forster did it in the classic A Room With A View to great effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'll have to check out the book then(: Thanks!

      ^_^

      Delete
  2. I love the book and the movie. Now you've got me thinking of reread too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never read this...nor seen the movie! guess i'm missing a good thing

    TRISH - My T.T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually haven't read this book. Or seen the movie either. I've tried but never got around to it. Great teaser though. Here's my Teaser

    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're enjoying it. Just an excellent novel.

    http://johnwiswell.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-across-nightingale-floor.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^