Saturday, April 2, 2011

Warning signs):

I saw a book a while back, called Twitterature. When I went onto Amazon.com, I actually saw a fairly lot of negative reviews, but for some reason, I ignored them. Well, I borrowed the book from the library and read it today, and I wish I listened to the reviews.

The main point of contention is the liberal use of vulgar language throughout the book, and for some reason, my borrowed copy didn't have 50+ pages because one set of pages was printed twice -.-

Other than that, I did have fun reading through the "tweets", although the books were really really different from what I remembered. I'm pretty sure that they changed the plot quite a lot, adding anachronisms and 'metafiction' elements. Sometimes, they worked well, sometimes they didn't.

Well, this time, I learnt my lesson. Now, I want to read "Ophelia joined the group Maidens who don't float: Classic Lit signs onto facebook". From all the reviews, it looks really amusing and expletive-free, and actually 'follows' the plot more(:

The other book that I read was called "Leadership". And, well, I'm not going to say too much about it, because I read it as a supplement to BM Class. It's a good 'theory' book with applications, and fairly interesting to read. But, there's not much I want to say bout it.....

(Darn, for some reason, I can't think of what to post about the books. Sorry for all the boring posts guys/gals)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^