Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove) by Debbie Macomber

I've been so busy this past week, getting ready for competition and trying to finish all my work at one go. But, at least I've finished another book, and with any luck, I'll finish another two by tomorrow (if I can finish my work in time), before my flight on Tuesday 6am.

This book is another Debbie Macomber, but it isn't one of her Blossom Street Books. I couldn't find one that I hadn't read at the library, so I choose a book at random and found this.

The blurb is quite interesting, since it's written in a form of a letter to the Reader herself (assuming no guy ever reads this book). The plot was quite interesting, with the Pastor's wife suspecting her husband of having an affair. As usual, the book is very believable and the characters interesting.

The only thing I don't really like is that the characters aren't connected sometimes, unlike Blossom street where though they have their own separate stories, there is an overall thread connecting them (such as the love of knitting and the shop). And if the book focuses on one of the characters, well, the others do appear, but they don't take up much space. In this book, I didn't see the link between all the characters, only a few, which was a bit disappointing.

However, it was still a very good read overall.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^