Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - Stop Stealing Dreams by Seth Godin

As part of my efforts to be a well-rounded/well-read person, as well as my ongoing fascination with different homeschooling methods, I came across this manifesto/ebook by Seth Godin.

It is, on the iPad, about 107 pages of why the American education system is wrong and what could be done. It's actually quite interesting, and I think I'll be done soon. So today, I'll be picking a teaser from what I've highlighted so far.

So, this week, it's a three sentence teaser:

"By their nature, dreams are evanescent. They flicker long before they shine brightly. And when they're flickering, it's not particularly difficult for a parent or a teacher or a gang of peers to snuff them out." 

I've never read Seth Godin's blog, but if this book continues to impress me, I may just start.

What is your teaser this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^