Saturday, December 15, 2012

Quote: Silence by Endo Shusaku!

So yesterday, I managed to get my hands on the Japanese version of Silence by Endo Shusaku (read it. It's awesome!) If you don't know, this was my EE book, so I'm really psyched to be able to read it in its original language.

This is how the book looks like:

And I realised, I actually have a similar photo, taken from my room window. So, without further ado, here's my favourite quote from the whole book, in both English and Japanese:

Click for a bigger view. 

3 comments :

  1. You took that photo? Unbelievable view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I managed to catch this from my dorm room :D

      ^_^

      Delete
  2. Dear Eustcia Tan,
    I am writing to ask permission to use your photograph of your favorite quote from "Silence" on my personal Facebook page and Instagram to share about the book and the movie "Silence " by Martin Scorsese as I too am a Christian and want to spread the word about this masterpiece of both literature and film. I love your photo with the awesome quote! No sales or money would be involved. Of course you would be credited for your photo. Thank you for your kind reply.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^