Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (Part 2)

Like I guessed last week, I'm still reading The Hobbit (I'm savouring every single page). So, I don't know if it's "cheating" but my teaser this week is going to be from The Hobbit too! So, my teaser is:

"Then he asked his second:
Voiceless it cries,
Wingless flutters, 
Toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters." 
(page 88)

I suppose all you Tolkien fans will remember the answer. Personally, the first time I saw this was in a Literature textbook in Secondary School. Back then, I just loved the riddle, but I didn't know where it came from. Tolkien FTW!

Teaser Tuesdays is a meme brought to you by MizB of ShouldBeReading. Just share your two-sentence teaser and the name of the book you're reading(:

So, what's your teaser?

9 comments :

  1. Are you reading this again to prepare for the movie? Yes, Tolkien is priceless. Continue to savor it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE The Hobbit! Can't wait for the movie! Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=11615

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, it's been entirely too long since I've read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to say, I haven't read it before. :/

      ^_^

      Delete
  4. Love the hobbit and will probably re-read before the movie comes out haha.

    This is my Teaser Tuesday at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's some time ago now that I read The Hobbit. I loved it then and reread it several times (poor paperback ;) ), but I can't remember the answer to the riddle.

    Here's our Teaser this week.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this movie to come out!!! :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved TLotR movies, buyt haven't read any books yet!! Thanx for the tease!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^