Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

I got this copy on the way back to Japan, but I'm just started reading it. But then, I saw the Folio Society version and now, I really want that copy (I don't mind multiple copies of a book!) ^^ Before you ask, yes, my new hobby is looking at the Folio Society site, wishing I have enough money to buy one of their books.

And at the rate I'm reading, this book will be next week's Teaser too! (I won't mind because I love Tolkien). So, today's teaser is:

"The feast that they now saw was greater and more magnificent than before; and at the head of a long line of feasters sat a woodland king, with a crown of leaves upon his hair, very much as Bombur had described the figure in his dream. The elvish folk were passing bowls from hand to hand and across the fires, and some were harping and many were singing." (page 179)
I don't think anyone will disagree when I say that Tolkien is a magnificent writer!

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Participating is easy, just give a two sentence teaser as well as the information of the book you're reading.

-insert some promotion here- Before I end, I want to ask if anyone here is interested in contributing to a free book review magazine that I'm creating. If I've piqued your interest, you can find out the details here.

Now, what are you teasers this week?

2 comments :

  1. Great teaser. I really need to read this before the movie comes out.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^