Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Dark Is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper

I totally forgot about Teaser Tuesday last week! I made my post, then wondered why I was seeing so many teasers. It took about two or three before I realised that it was Tuesday :p

So, today's teaser comes from a series that I'm currently reading - The Dark Is Rising Sequence. I'm pretty sure that I've read one of the books inside, but I can't remember which. So, here's the teaser:

"Go!" Rage filled the voice of Tethys suddenly. There was a great flashing and roaring in the depths, all round them; strong currents rose, tugging at their limbs; fish and eels darted wildly round them in all directions, and out of the distant shadow a great shape came. (page 415)

Isn't it wonderful? I wish I could write like this for NaNoWriMo.

So, Teaser Tuesdays is brought to you by MizB of Should Be Reading. Just give a two sentence teaser and you're good to go! What was your teaser this week?


3 comments :

  1. I liked this series but I haven't read it for years. I should revisit it and see if it is still as good as I remember. My teasers are from Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier and A Royal Pain by Megan Mulry. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a worldwide TDiR 40th Anniversary Readathon starting on Dec 7th if you'd like to read them again. :)

    Sign Up Form
    Facebook Group
    Twitter - @TDiRReadathon
    Google+

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^