Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Piano Lessons: A Memoir by Anna Goldsworthy

I finished one really inspiring book today called Piano Lessons: A Memoir. You see, my Grade 8 piano exam is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm really nervous, especially this is my second time taking the exam. So Aunty Florence lent me this book to "inspire" me to practice.

Well, it worked.

While I'm not the most musically inclined of people (I seriously cannot interpret the feeling in a piece), this book still inspires me to practice hard. Anna (the protagonist and authoress), seems to be like me, wanting to do things absolutely correct (although she can see the 'story' in the pieces). And I saw that in the end, she could only play well when she let go of her nervousness/controlling and let the emotions flow through her.

Now, I'm gonna try to emulate that.

I'm sorry, but I need to go now, I've got an awful migraine and so many things to do....

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^