Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

This week, I briefly contemplated not doing a Teaser Tuesday. I finished a book on the train, and I was like "should I write a review? Should I do a teaser from a book I already finished?" and was in two minds about the whole thing. Then I saw Wendy's post at Literary Feline and she recommended quite a few amazing sounding books that I've never read (I'm continually reminded that as much as I think I've read, it's still not that much).

I went to the library's ebook app to search for it, and I found two of them! So I borrowed one immediately and favourited the other. And tada, I have something to share. My teaser is from the first two lines of Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni: 
"They say in the old tales that the first night after a child is born, the Bidhata Purush comes down to earth himself to decide what its fortune is to be. That is why they bathe babies in sandalwood water and wrap them in soft red malmal, color of luck."
The author's name looked familiar, so I looked her up on Goodreads and I found out that she wrote Before We Visit the Goddess, which I loved. So I have really high hopes for this book!

What about you? What are you reading this week?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments :

  1. Ah! A new book and author! I'm glad you are enjoying it. My teaser this week is from Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how things like that happen. Hope you enjoy this one as much.
    sherry @ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting custom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser!! Here is my TT: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday1363034

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you found a copy of this one to read! I have Before We Visit the Goddess because of you. :-) I hope you like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely opening. I hope you enjoy the stoy.
    My Tuesday post features MIAMI MORNING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new book for me. Sounds intriguing.

    Feel free to pop over and check out my Teaser Tuesday

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^