Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Bad Ass Librarians of Timbuktu

Hey everyone! How's your week going? I was in Saga for the Saga International Balloon Fiesta (pictures below) for the past five days so I almost forgot that today was Tuesday :p

Right now, I'm reading The Bad Ass Librarians of Timbuktu, but there isn't really enough librarian superhero stuff going on for me.

Anyway, my teaser:
"On Friday morning, January 25, 2013, fifteen jihadis entered the restoration and conservation rooms on the ground floor of the Ahmed Baba Institute in Sankore, the government library that Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb had taken over the previous April. For nearly a year, thousands of manuscripts left behind by Ahmed Baba staff had been sitting in the open, stacked on shelves and lying on restoration tables, while the jihadis prayed, trained, ate, and slept around them." 
What is your teaser this week?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here are two photos from my trip!


5 comments :

  1. Great balloon pics! Not sure I would keep reading though. Hope things pick up for you. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drawn to that title, but the excerpt...well, it was a bit wordy. lol.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “INHERITING EDITH”

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a brilliant title, here's my teaser for The Good Kind of Bad
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the title but don't know if I'd be willing to wade through that sort of prose. This week my teaser comes from Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson - the 5th in the Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title but not so sure this is one for me. Those are some fun pics!

    My TT from The Scorpio Races

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^