Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - A Wall of Storms by Ken Liu

Hey everyone! So today, I woke up to hear that a huge earthquake struck Fukushima again >< Luckily, the tsunami warnings have been rescinded and everything seems find out, though the JMA (Japan Meteorological Agency) still wants people to be careful. Since Fukushima and Fukuoka start with the same letters, my mom actually got a few messages from people about this.

Going back to books, I'm reading The Wall of Storms by Ken Liu right now. I read A Grace of Kings in April, but it has clearly been too long because when I started it I was like "who are these people? Where is Kuni Garu?" (I forgot his name got changed) I had to go back and read the blurb for The Wall of Storms and my review for A Grace of Kings before I remembered where the story left off.

Also, I can't believe I read it in April! I thought I read it last year, that's how long ago it felt.

My teaser:


"A sword leaned against the dresser to the side - though no one other than a member of the Imperial family or a palace guard was allowed to carry weapons in the palace, Queen Gin had been given this singular honor by Emperor Ragin. She as the commander of all the empire's armed forces, perhaps the most powerful noble in all Dara, yet now she was being pestered by children to play a dangerous game - breaching the security of the Grand Examination."

What about you? What are you reading this week?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments :

  1. Oh wow, this book looks amazing! I hope you're enjoying it.

    My teaser for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd read on!

    Mine this week is from I Am Malala: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-13u

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. It also sounds like a series that should be read back-to-back. My teaser this week is from one of my favorite authors - When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about the earthquake this morning too and am glad the tsunami warnings were rescinded. I like your teaser for this week. Those children better be careful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^