Friday, April 18, 2014

Apologies and Updates

Hey everyone. You might have noticed my absence since Tuesday. The truth is, I got some bad news and it really affected me.

If you want to read the full story, please go over to my other blog: A Sister's Reaction to my Brother's Bullying Case.

In 2012, I moved to Japan for further studies. At that time, I left behind my family, including my little brother, who was turning 8 at that time. That same year, I received a message from my mother, telling me not to worry, but that the teachers had caught my brother attempting to jump from the fourth storey at school.

Apparently, my brother's classmates had told him that if he jumped they would be his friend. He believed them. 

My brother has been diagnosed with mild autism. To put it simply, my brother does not know how to interact with others. My brother wants to make friends, he would love to be friends, but he does not know how to go about doing it. 

Every day, my brother goes to school and tries to make friends. And every day, he has to learn to shrug off the bullying and teasing that goes on. His coping mechanism is to deny that bad things happen. 


Read More

I'll be back with regular updates from Monday. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^