Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu

Hey everyone! How's your week going? How did you use that extra one day of the year? I was reading, so it was definitely a good use of time. Job hunting season in Japan starts today (I believe Japan and Korea are the only two countries that use a system of hiring new graduates in the same time period. So it all has a schedule), so I guess the coming weeks and months will be busy for me.

Right now, I'm making my way through The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Apart from the fantastic storyline, I love all the references to Chinese history. I'm probably missing a lot, but I caught quite a few!

My teaser (sorry, it's three sentences today, because of the impact of the last sentence):
"Their brief moment of merriment was interrupted by the sound of shouting men and clashing swords in the street. The gates to the mayor's house flew open, and a blood-soaked Captain Dosa stumbled in, his body pierced by arrows.  
Mata was here."

How about you? What is your Teaser this week?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

5 comments :

  1. Great teaser! Sounds like a good book. Good luck with job hunting, too. My teaser this week comes from Dragon's Fire by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. I'm trying to finish this series by reading the books I missed when they were new. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh great teaser! And good luck with finding a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well for you! I'll be thinking of you.

    The Grace of Kings sounds really good, and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just finished it, and it's really good! :D

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^