Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - Goebbels by Peter Longerich

Hey everyone! This week, I'm tacking a non-fiction book, which is a departure from the norm. Right now, I'm reading Goebbels, a biography of Joseph Goebbels, one of Hitler's most loyal followers. The biography is based around his diary, so you get to hear the man himself. It's a bit scary, to be honest.

My teaser:
"There is a dull longing in us that we cannot name and cannot describe. [...] In strange silence millions of the unredeemed, misled, betrayed, despairing, subjugated, the army of slaves is waiting for a word, a sound." 

This is from his diary, and to be honest, if I didn't know that this was by Goebbels and about Hitler, I would have thought the sentences beautiful. But I know who wrote this, and what for, so I can't say that these sentences are inspiring, beautiful or any positive adjective.

What is your teaser?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^