Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - Eeny Meeny by M. J. Arlidge

My Teaser Tuesday this week is a book that I started reading today (and look at how I totally skipped the intro paragraph :p)

Because I'm also reading a rather heavy non-fiction book, I thought that having a fast-paced read would be a escape. And because I had to prepare for a presentation today, I was really in the mood for something gripping and fast paced. 

My teaser: 

"Emilia had crime in her blood. The eldest of six children, she had become famous when her drug dealer dad was sentenced to eighteen years imprisonment for using his children as drug mules." 

What is your teaser this week? 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

7 comments :

  1. Sounds very interesting!

    Here's my Teaser for this week - http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one grabs me, for sure.

    My teaser this week is from an inspirational novel, which I really enjoyed:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-language-of-sparrows/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to become famous! My teaser on my adult blog comes from this romantic suspense title - Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Emilia! What a terrible way to grow up. Her story sounds fascinating.
    My Tuesday post features SERENA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your presentation went well! I'm intrigued by the book you are reading. I understand wanting something more fast paced while reading something heavier, especially if it's nonfiction.

    I don't think that father will be winning Dad of the Year award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Well... worst father of the year, maybe. (It was a gripping book. I finished it today, because I couldn't put it down. Good thing I had to wait quite a bit for my friends!)

      Delete
  6. Very interesting and intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^