Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sew Iconic by Liz Gregory (ARC)

What was I thinking asking for a sewing book? While I can sew, I definitely, can't make clothes that the book is trying to teach. The book contains 10 patterns that tries to teach the reader how to recreate iconic dresses like the Breakfast at Tiffany's Little Black Dress, the brown & white polka dolt dress from Pretty Woman, the lace evening gown from Titanic and so on and so forth.

Each of the 10 chapters provides a brief summary of the actress who wore the dress, the movie, the story behind the dress and of course, how to sew the dress. I'm actually quite psyched about the book (Breakfast at Tiffany's anyone?) because my Aunt and Grandma can sew according to a pattern(:

The book actually seems quite straightforward, and they seem to try to make things as easy as possible. If you decide to buy the book (and there's both an ebook and print version), make sure you buy the print version. It's hard (if not impossible) to cut out accurately based on patterns.

But I think to me, the most enjoyable thing about the book are all the pictures. There are lots and lots of geogous pictures of the dresses, which definitely tempt me into wanting to make it (if I had the slightest knowledge how!)

And can I mention (if you haven't noticed), the pun in the title, which is cute if predictable.

Disclaimer: I got this book free from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

P.s. sorry about the lack of Teaser Tuesdays. I don't have anymore actual books and I have no idea how to pick random sentences form an ebook.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^