Wednesday, April 12, 2017

PSA: Revelation by CJ Sansom is on BBC Radio


If you're a fan of audiobook and/or a fan of historical mysteries, the BBC has done a radio adaptation of Revelation by CJ Sansom! It's one of the books in the Martin Shardlake series and both parts are now available! I haven't read the book and to be honest was quite nervous about relying on the dramatisation because I tend to put podcasts on as background noise but I found myself absolutely enraptured by this dramatisation. It's only available for another 12 more days so you should check it out ASAP. You can listen to it online or through the BBC iPlayer app.

Revelation is the fourth in the Matthew Shardlake series and in this book, there is a string of murders. Disturbingly, the murders bear a resemblance to what is written in the Book of Revelation, and in the current social climate, have to be solved ASAP. When Shardlake's friend is murdered, he finds himself drawn into the investigation, despite the fact that it's connected to royal politics.

I probably missed a few things because I was cooking while listening to this, but hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of Revelation and the other books in the series and read (reread?) them!

2 comments :

  1. I haven't yet read anything by Sansom, which is such a shame because I would like to. This radio broadcast sounds like great fun! I will have to see if I can get my hands on it. Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^