Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco

Hi everyone! Long time no see :D I had to take a really, really long break when I moved and found out that my internet would come much later than what I was originally told. So I was without wifi for slightly more than a week, but I'm back now and happily reading away.

Right now, I'm reading Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco, as part of my SEA Reading Challenge, where I'm challenging myself to read more books by and about people in South East Asia. If you've got a recommendation, let me know! So far, Ilustrado is a...challenging read, but I hope it will be rewarding in the end. I mean, the summary sounded good, which is why I'm pressing on.

My teaser:
"The President's speech yesterday to members of the Combined Military Forces at Fort Bonifacio was disrupted when twenty-six hecklers were arrested and charged with "scandal" and "alarm". They were mauled by crowds as they were brought into the precinct office, though none suffered significant injuries."
This is supposed to be from a blogpost. The entire book is basically excerpts from an 'unpublished' work, emails, blogposts, and the occasional conventional narrative. It should be interesting, but it's not make much sense yet (I'm still in the first third of the book, though, so I haven't given up hope yet).

What about you? What are you reading and how have you been?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

5 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! Frankly I think you're a hero for persevering. I quite enjoy epistolary novels - some of them are awesome BUT they have to hang together, otherwise what is the point? This is my TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/teaser-tuesday-28th-february-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Illustrado doesn't really sound like my kind of thing but I commend you for sticking with it! At least it sounds like an interesting format choice, if nothing else. I hope it comes together soon for you.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog
    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4Tune

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds challenging and I'd have to be in the right mood to attempt it. Hopefully it becomes clearer for you.

    My TT from Through Glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That does sound like this particular work is a challenge. Best wishes! My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen few of those social media oriented narratives. I'm not sure if I like them or not.

    Great teaser. My teaser is from The Raven King by Nora Sakavic

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^