Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - Talking about Detective Fiction by P.D. James

Hey everyone! How are things going?

I'm more or less done with school (last tutorial was yesterday) and almost done with packing my books! I've just got a few more that I want to read, which means that I haven't decided if they're going into the box or the handcarry that I'll be bringing alone :p And of course, that means I still have all my clothes (and kimonos, which will be a whole other beast) to pack.

Right now, I'm reading Talking about Detective Fiction. I think I got the book quite some time ago, but I just didn't get around to reading it. I can't really imagine why, because I'm enjoying it very much. My teaser:
"It is not really possible to kill someone by injecting air into a vein, at least not with a normal-sized syringe. I am advised that the syringe would have to be so large that the patient would be more likely to die of shock on beholding it than from any effects of the injected air!" (page 109)
What about you? What are you reading this week?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

7 comments :

  1. I love PD James's novels, so this sound like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that it wouldn't work. Another myth buster. LOL

    My TT from The Fixer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one. Pulled a chuckle from me and I'm not even done with my coffee.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. I like mysteries and would like this. My teaser this week is from House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teaser and love P.D. James so this is going on my list right now. Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Here's my link for this week — it's from Carrie Fisher's Postcards from the Edge which I'm reading for the first time: Thanks. I'll be checking out your link as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You learn something new every day, don't you? Thank you for that myth-busting teaser! Mine is from an epic fantasy adventure -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/teaser-tuesday-7th-february-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fascinating book. I love mysteries!
    My Tuesday post features THE SEA BETWEEN.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^