Friday, March 29, 2013

Cold Cold Heart by Karin Slaughter

This short story (about 23 pages on my iPad) is actually really good. But creepy.

It follows Pam, as she goes to see her ex-husband die - at his request. As she travels back, she reminisces about him, and you know what? He's a terrible husband and I don't feel sorry that he's dying. He's an egomaniac and a hypocrite. I was actually hoping this would be one of those anti-hero stories where it turns out Pam is out to murder her husband.

Um yeah, I'm violent. Sorry, I know it's bad.

The ending was a little hard for me to understand, because it made no sense. I suppose it's because I don't believe that what her ex-husband wanted would happen. So to me, that action was meaningless. But I suppose to others, this would be the perfect revenge.

I really do wish this book was longer. The characters are very well-crafted, and I'd love to read more about them. They're not lovable, but they're fascinating.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^