Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sight

"See better, Lear, and let me still remain/
The true blank of thine eye"

King Lear Act One Scene One (The Arden Shakespear Edition)

Great stuff. I defy anyone who disagrees about the timelessness of Shakespear.

Today, I wore my new glasses properly for the first time (I got it on Monday), and even though I was already wearing glasses, I was struck at how clear everything was (again). My degree had slowly gotten worse such that I didn't realise how blur my world became. It really reminds me of Gloucester's situation, where he had metaphorical and literal blindness.

Anyway, I meant to say, I just read a new book that really opened my eyes (metaphorically). If everything goes according to plan, I should get a post up by Friday on IntoTheBook. I would post again sooner, but I have exams, and I really need to think through this first.

P.S I just checked IntoTheBook.net and it seems like they've already reviewed this book, so I suppose I will just be posting here(:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^