Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Grand Tour by Agatha Christie

IT'S CHRISTMAS WEEK!

Doesn't feel much like Christmas though, since I was at school today (and had a test). Plus my family went back yesterday so...

But on to happier topics, I'm currently reading The Grand Tour by Agatha Christie. It's about the 10 month tour she did and apparently it's told through her letters and photos. I'm pretty excited about reading it - I started today and only finished the preface so far.

My teaser:
"He gave me something which 'might quieten things down,' he said, but as it came up as soon as it got inside my stomach it was unable to do me much good. I continued to groan and feel like death, and indeed look like death; for a woman in a cabin not far from mine, having caught a few glimpses of me through the open door, asked the stewardess with great interest: 'Is the lady in the cabin opposite dead yet?'."
That was Christie talking about seasickness. I'm glad that I never had it!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas week!
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

7 comments :

  1. Oh, I love Agatha Christie, one of the first books I have ever read was Ten Little Indians, when still a kid. Hope you enjoy. This is mine for this week: http://earthianhivemind.net/2016/12/20/teaser-tuesday-december-20/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. It is always fun to know more about favorite authors. I have two this week: Coffin Road by Peter May and The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacy Lee. Both are from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She certainly had a long and eventful life - I hope this is an enjoyable read. I'm very lucky in that I don't suffer from seasickness, but apparently it's dreadful if you do... Sorry to hear you are STILL at school and being tested and hope that your Christmas experience very rapidly improves from here! This is my rather chilly TT offering - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/12/20/teaser-tuesday-20th-december-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was shocked when I told him Christmas was this Sunday. It is coming up so fast. My daughter is still in school this week, which I think threw him off a bit. A lot of schools are already out. I am sorry you had to say goodbye to your family.

    I've never had seasickness myself. It must be horrible. The Grand Tour sounds like a good one. I adore Agatha Christie. Thanks for sharing, Eustacia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a bit shocked Christmas is coming. Because that means 2016 is very close to ending :p

      Delete
  5. I've only ever read her mysteries — this sounds like a wonderfully humorous and perhaps insightful into the heart and mind of Agatha. Here's my link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1oY

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fascinating book. I've read Agatha Christie's mysteries, of course, but I'd enjoy a look at her life too. Enjoy!
    My Tuesday post features a middle grade novel: TOO BIG.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^