Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Battlestar Galatica: Six by JT Krul

The reason why I requested this was rather odd. I rode the Battlestar Galatica ride at Universal Studios Singapore, and while in line, I looked the story up. From what I saw, Six seemed like an interesting character and when I saw this origin story on NetGalley, I jumped at the chance to read it.

Battlestar Galatica: Six uses a flashback/present day narrative for Six/Eve as she tries to figure out who she is. I daren't say more, because any more and I'll probably give away quite a few spoilers.

I believe that this contains all the issues from this series, but it was pretty short. I suppose I was expecting something longer (and a lot more character development - perhaps I'm too used to novels), and the comic seemed to have ended before it begun.

Still, it was a pretty interesting origin story.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

2 comments :

  1. I grew up watching the original show, Battle Star Galactica and only saw a few episodes of the reboot. I quite enjoyed what I saw of it and keep meaning to watch the rest. While I enjoy graphic novels, I do find they aren't as fulfilling as novels. I admit to being biased in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that there might have been a lot of introspection that would have been better conveyed through a novel than a graphic novel, in this case.

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^