Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Murder in Mississippi by John Safran

Today's teaser comes from Murder in Mississippi by John Safran. It sounded interesting, but I'm having a really hard time reading it. Not because of the content, but because it refuses to load on my Bluefire app for some reason. So for now, I'm trying to read it on my computer. 

So here's the teaser:

Here's the magician's trick: We're all from Africa. 
A thorough DNA test of anyone will reveal African roots. As this is the case - and as DNA sampling without permission is a murky legal/ethical area - after I scrapped saliva from Richard's balloon, I did a switcheroo with a sample from a consenting person.  
So, I am PT Barnum. Can we move on? 

To be honest, this is really not in favour of the author. And since this is a true crime novel of how the author met a white supremacist, and then befriended his black killer, I need to be able to trust the author. Let's see how it goes.

What is your Teaser Tuesday?

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To participate, just share a two sentence teaser (oops, I shared too much!) of what you're reading alongside the title and author.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^