Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fanged Outcast by Elisabeth Wheatley

While you'll hardly see me reading vampire books, I really really like Fanged Outcast. Some time back, I reviewed Fang Princess (link leads to review) and I thought it was good. So, when I was given the opportunity to review Fanged Outcast, I took it.

And I do not regret it.

My only wish is that the book is longer. In this book, Hadassah is still protecting her brother and his human girlfriend. This time, they're living with a bunch of vampire hunters. But you know, you take whatever protection you can get. But with her dad, the Vampire King (of a certain area anyway) after them, something is bound to go wrong. And it does -  her brother is kidnapped and Hadassah has to go and rescue her little brother.

For me, the star of this book was clearly Hadassah. She's a very protective older sister, something I can identify with, and even though she doesn't seem to like her brother's girlfriend very much, she's very committed to protecting her. I really admire her loyalty to her family.

And speaking of family, Hadassah's family is really really messed up. I won't give spoilers, but you should know that a fairly huge plot twist revolves around one member of her family. I didn't really see it coming, but it definitely made the book a lot more exciting.

Fanged Outcast was released yesterday, which means that you can get it now. If you're a fan of vampire YA books, you should definitely read this series.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for a free and honest review.

2 comments :

  1. I am SO HAPPY you enjoyed this! Thank you über much for reviewing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for letting me review it! :D

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^