Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Starry Night by Debbie Macomber

Debbie Macomber called this "one of my most romantic Christmas stories". Well, I don't know if it's a Christmas story, but it sure is romantic! And despite the fact that it's called a Christmas story, I found that it can be read anytime - it just happens that the story takes place over a Christmas.

Starry Night stars Carrie Slayton, a reporter for the society page of the Sun-Times. But, she wants to cover serious investigative topics, and in a bid to prove her worth, she undertakes a task to interview the illusive author Finn Dalton. Of course she manages to meet him - and she falls in love! So what will she do? Will she write the piece or not?

While the book isn't very long, Debbie Macomber packed a lot of emotion into it. The two leads (after they fell in love), really pined for one another - which lead to some rather romantic gestures (flying to meet someone is sooooo romantic in my opinion)

My strongest impression when reading this book was the it was like a Harlequin book but without any explicit scenes (thankfully). In fact, I think my younger sister, who likes romance books, the Little Black Dress series and Debbie Macomber would probably love this book!

This isn't a deep, thoughtful book. It's a light and enjoyable read.

Disclaimer: I got this galley from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

1 comment :

  1. I really enjoyed reading your review. I, too, loved this book. Such a sweet, simple Christmas romance.

    ~Cecelia Dowdy~
    http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/2013/09/starry-night-by-debbie-macomber.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^