Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pride and Prejudice~

One of my favourite books. But I didn't buy this book til last Friday cause of one reason. That reason, is that I used to own a copy of Pride and Prejudice, which I bought in Borders KL during a family vacation. And like the character in Inkheart says "Books hold memories" (or something like that), but unfortunately I lost it on the way to school (somewhere between home and the carpark) last year. And since then, I've been searching for the exact same green cover puffin copy, which I found at long last. (:

The story is as great as I remember it, and I wish I could see the movie again (unfortunately, the copy is in Malaysia). The story is funny and absorbing, and it makes me wish I could be there in person. I think the characterisation is very well-down, and is completely believable. I think, that when a book/movie is either really good, or has an open ending, (most of the time both), then there will be many fanfictions written about it.

And it holds true in this case (the book being so well written). Apart from all the fanfics at fanfiction.net, there are also lots of spin-offs in book form. From sequels to prequels and even from Mr Darcy's point of view. I guess no matter what Mark Twain said about Jane Austen (i.e. "Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book.", but then again I can barely stand Huck Finn, his "greatest work"), she's just so good she's well loved.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^