Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hello Hot Lunch, Hello Cool Lunch

I think I've found the perfect book for my neighbour! She loves making lunch for her kid, and this is exactly the kind of book she likes.

Hello Hot Lunch, Hello Cool Lunch isn't so much a recipe book as it is an assembly book. Each "lunch" is really an assembly-how-to. So while you may not be whipping up new five course lunches, you will, at the very least, know how to make really adorable lunches from simple items in your kitchen. And with some of the least amounts of equipment needed (nothing fancy - except for the nori punches, which is really optional).

This book is divided into Rice, Soups and Sandwiches. Each section has a bunch of different ways to assemble such lunches. The closest things to recipes would be the soup recipes (which seem really simple - I'm going to try some one day) and sandwich fillings. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to turn the book upside down to get to read the second half. I know it's meant to be cute, but it's a little inconvenient.

Before you ask, it's quite unlikely I'll be making these lunches in Japan. Not while I have my meal card anyway. And not while I'm in school. I'll probably be making them when I get back to Singapore (for my neighbour's kid and maybe my little brother - if he doesn't think he's too grown up for all this).

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book as part of the Virtualbookworm Tours in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^